Upper Providence, The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), and private communities are all part of the winter team when it comes to clearing snowy and icy roads. Plowing begins on designated Snow Emergency Routes to provide safe access for emergency response vehicles and then continues onto main roads.
You can help crews clear roads faster and stay safe by following these simple winter rules and suggestions:
- Park all vehicles off the street before, during, and after a snowfall.
- Do not throw snow onto the roadway when shoveling, or you may be fined.
- Shovel an area for trash and recycling containers on the curb or your driveway, but not in the street.
- Parents, please watch your children closely, and instruct them that it is extremely dangerous to play or stand near the street when snow plows are working. Do not leave sleds or toys in the street.
- Remove snow from the end of your driveway and in front of your mailbox.
- Shovel snow to the right of the driveway to avoid having plows push snow back onto cleared areas.