The Upper Providence Township Police Department is committed to utilizing every resource possible to prevent and solve crimes and protect citizens and their property. For example, many residents and businesses use surveillance cameras, and these cameras may capture persons and events without the owner's knowledge. This captured information may help the Upper Providence Township Police Department solve crimes and help keep the community safe.
The Safe-Cam Program is a way for the police department to work in partnership with the community to maintain a database of camera locations to help identify suspects and solve crimes faster. The program allows owners to inform the police department about the security camera systems at both private residences and local businesses. It is entirely voluntary, and participation is free. The Upper Providence Township Police Department is asking residents and businesses to register their privately-owned surveillance camera systems.
By registering your camera system with the Upper Providence Township Police Department, officers and detectives will identify what cameras may have captured the criminal activity. You will only be contacted by the Police Department if there is an incident within the vicinity of your camera system. Officers or detectives may request to view the footage to assist in their investigation.
The goal of the Safe-Cam program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Upper Providence Township Police Department and the community we serve. Accordingly, all Safe-Cam registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Upper Providence Township Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
2. Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Upper Providence Township Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press.
3. If necessary, the Upper Providence Township Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
4. Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the and/or the Upper Providence Township Police Department through the Safe Cam program.
5. Under no circumstances shall the Upper Providence Township Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
Registration into the program indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.