Upper Providence Township is currently working on updating the Township’s Comprehensive Plan. In 2020, the Subcommittee will work on creating a draft planning document to present policies and action items for the future development of Upper Providence Township. The draft plan will be presented to the Township’s Planning Commission for their recommendation and the Board of Supervisors for their approval in late 2020.
A comprehensive plan has a ten-year planning window and as required by the Municipalities Planning Code, will focus on the following areas:
- Statement of Goals and Objectives
- Protection of natural and historic resources
- Future land use
- Housing needs (current and future residents)
- Transportation, including a Complete Streets Policy and Active Transportation Plan
- Community Facilities and Utilities
- Regional concerns and compatibility
The Subcommittee meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month in the Township Hall in the Administration Building. All meetings are open to the general public.